ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management Standard is an essential certification for all large and small organizations.
More than securing an ISO Certification, the 14001 Standard is a promise to the society by the organization.
Reducing Environmental Impact by ISO 14001 Certification
ISO 14001 Certification helps organizations to reduce their environmental impact and achieve long term business sustainability.
Implementing best practices and guidelines specified by ISO 14001 will help the organization to reduce the dependence on natural resources.
Scope of ISO 14001:2015 Certification in your Organization
Also, implementing an Environmental Management System in your organization will result in optimizing business processes and operations.
It will help the organization to not badly impact the environment due to their daily business operations.
Mass manufacturing and the industrial revolution have significantly contributed to the global economy.
Environmental Management – A Must-Have in today’s world
At the same time, it has taken a toll on natural resources, deforestation, and environmental pollution. The carbon emission levels are at an all-time high, global warming is a global concern now.
Hence environmental management is a crucial area to focus on by all organizations irrespective of sectors or size.
Why Should You Implement ISO 14001:2015 Certification?
ISO 14001:2015 Certification is a world-renowned framework for building an Environmental Management System.
- The structured EMS system will enable organizations to have better control over environmental impacts due to their business operations.
- ISO 14001:2015 Standard also focuses on the product lifecycle. It provides guidelines across all stages of operation, production, waste management, logistics, etc.
- Providing awareness training to employees is another important aspect of ISO 14001:2015 Standard.
- Offering training on the key responsibilities of employees at all levels. The training will cover all scopes of the Environmental Management Standard
- Enhancing energy efficiency and waste management are two important aspects that require employee contribution the most.
ISO 14001 Certification Process
To get the ISO 14001 Certification, the organization has to go through two stages of assessment processes.
All the internal policies, processes, and procedures have to be audited internally to comply with the ISO 14001 requirements.
Once the internal audit is complete, the certification body will conduct an audit, assess the implementation of the environmental management system, and issues the certification subsequently.
ISO 14001 Implementation Steps
The ISO 14001 implementation involves a series of activities that required employees and top management involvement.
Following these steps would help to effectively implement the environmental management system in your organization.
1. Top Management Support
The management review on the current business processes, sanction for altering business processes, procurement specifications, suppliers. etc., must be initiated.
2. Compliance with Legal Regulations
Environmental Management Certification complies with government regulations and environmental laws.
Hence for ISO 14001 Certification, the organization must be ready to implement change in operations to comply with the regulations.
3. Developing an Environmental Management System
Clearly define the EMS Scope. procedures and process that suits your organization’s current business operations.
The EMS System must be realistic and must be implemented with minimal changes to the existing business process to keep the cost under control.
The key things to consider are the waste management and utilization of raw materials and energy.
Conduct employee awareness training on ISO 14001 implementation process and the benefits for the organization.
4. Choose a Consultant for Certification
ISO Consultants will assist you with the internal audit and Certification. Audit and Issuance of Certification are via the Certification body after conducting required assessments and audits.
In case any corrective actions of process changes are required, the Certification body will let the ISO Consultant and the organization.
5. Certification Audits and Issuance of the ISO Certificate
All the changes must be incorporated and the management must conduct a review internally to ensure everything is in place.
Now, the consultant will re-audit the processes and checks for compliance with the ISO 140001 guidelines. The Accredited Certification body will be informed again about the re-audit and performed corrective actions.
After assessment and a re-audit, the Certification Body will issue the ISO 14001 Certification to the organization.
Benefits of ISO 14001:2015 Standard
- Control the wastage of resources
- Comply with the government’s legal regulations
- Safeguard environment a part of social responsibility
- Build Corporate image and credibility
- Achieve long term business sustainability
- Increase stakeholder confidence
- Venture into new market opportunities
- Low operations costs
- Energy efficiency. cost savings, and more
To know more about ISO 14001:2015 Certification, talk to our experts right away!Contact: NEW WORLD UNI. CENTER ISO CONSULTANTS